Monday, March 30, 2009

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

It is September 6 ,1992 it was the time school started. Every since my father died we stop going to school. My father had left us in charge of My uncle. I really don’t like staying with my uncle because he makes us get up early in the morning like around 5:00 a.m just to started cleaning his house. My name is verkita I am 13 years old and I also have a brother that is 6 years old name is josue he also cleans. I really don’t like when he cleans, I think my little brother is to little to start cleaning. Well this is my pass I use to live with my father but my father died in the war before my father died he had gave us a special gift it is a beautiful white horse and my mother died because she had a heart attack. My uncle told my mother before she died that he will take good care of us but he only treats us like his slaves. My uncle only feeds us 1 time a day. we have wash the dishes,sgrub the floor feed there dog, wash the washroom, clean my cuisine room and my uncles room, and also go to the market and buy there groceries.We have to eat when we are finish with the cleaning so sometimes we eat late or sometimes we eat early. i really don't want to keep living like this. I had herd in my aunt and uncles conversation that my grandmother was coming and that we should be treated right just for the days my grandmother stays. I had ran to my little brother and i told him that our days was going to change just a few days. I said i am happy because i am not going to clean for a few days i was yelling and jumping up and down of joy. so the next day had come i had herd somebody knock the door and i went and said who is there and they said open up sweet heart its your grandmother dalia. I open up so happy and said grandmother i am glad your here, and grandmother dalia said ''how you guys been'' and i said un ha but then my uncle said hey there and then my grandmother forgot about it i was going to tell her but my uncle bump in.Then my uncle said verkita why won't you set the table please and i said okay i went and i told my brother help me set the table. i finish setting the table and my grandmother said i'll cut the bread and we all sat down at the table. and grandmother said hows things going. i wanted to tell my grandmother but i said to my self i'll tell her when i'am alone with her then i had the chance i was alone with my grandmother i told her out of no were and told her iam not happy hear grandmother me and my brother get treated like slaves , my grandmother said what you just said i said iam not happy can me and my brother go with you and then she told my uncle why you treat the kids like slaves and my uncle said who said that story and my little cusin said its true. and my grandmother said i aqm taking the kids with me and my grandmother said pack your things we are leaveing .and we left and we got happy and our life changed after my grandmother toke us with her

3 comments:

  1. the ending is good when the grandmother dalia comes

    ReplyDelete
  2. good story keep it up and dalia is the grandma lol XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice story...
    And no you dont seem that old to me lol.
    *Dalia*

    ReplyDelete